Learn to Write Websites
Writing copy for websites is an easy and effortless way to add extra income to your copywriting business. Businesses are constantly updating web sites, adding new products and services, and writing sales pages to sell specific items. Entrepreneurs are constantly creating new businesses that need a web site.
All of these people need someone to help them.
Writing website content is very different than writing copy for traditional print advertisements. If you are a seasoned print copywriter don’t assume you can easily transition into writing online copy. It’s a different world.
Our website copywriting course is designed to help you learn to write copy for the internet. You’ll write an actual web site from scratch and be given feedback along the way.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- What information you need from the client before you can start writing
- Questions you never thought to ask that help save you hours of writing time
- Techniques for getting your copy approved the first time you submit it
- The sequence you should write and submit copy to clients
- Practice implementing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
- Questions you should ask before you accept the copywriting assignment
- What you need to know about marketing before you do any writing
- The different reasons WHY a company hires copywriters to write web content.
- How writing for the web is different than writing for traditional print media.
- 20 Copywriting Tips for writing great web copy
- Learn the #1 purpose of a web site and how you can help your client achieve it.
Who should apply:
- Aspiring copywriters
- Copywriters familiar with print that want to break into the online world
- Marketing and Communications employees that write web copy
- Entrepreneurs that want to learn to write their own web copy
- Coaches, marketers and entrepreneurs interested in adding supplemental income to their business.
How the web site copywriting course works:
Coursework and assignments are emailed to you upon payment. All homework assignments are submitted via email. Feedback is provided in written form. There are several sections to this course, you will submit some “prep work” before you begin writing any copy. After your prep work is approved you are then asked to write at a minimum the home page of a web site. If you would like to write the entire site and get feedback you are welcome to.
Caution: This course is not for the thin-skinned writer. Our graduates leave this class knowing how to write effective copy. If your copy isn’t up-to-snuff we will tell you. Our feedback is honest and tough. You keep writing your piece until it is good enough to graduate from this course. You don’t have that luxury with a client, but you do with us.
What’s included in the course:
One-hour audio of class to entrepreneurs on “how to start a web site”
Accompanying workbook for entrepreneurs on the ins and outs of starting a web site
Worksheet to help you create new website content
Worksheet to help you redesign current website content
10 point copy checklist
The Prewriting Checklist
5 quick tips to strengthen your everyday writing
Written feedback on all coursework – do it until you get it right
Certificate of completion from The Copywriting Institute